Saturday, December 1, 2012

Quick Christmas Projects

OMG!  I just sat down to see if there was a quick project that I could do this weekend and I found so many I can't believe my luck.  I not only found some fun free patterns but I also found a couple of new sites that I'll be keeping my eye on.

First I stopped by the Moda Bake Shop, which is one of my regular stops.  They have tons of free patterns, most are geared to pre-cuts but you can certainly do your own cutting and achieve the same results.  The first two looked simple enough, 

a herringbone pot holder

 
 and a patchwork wine gift bag.  Not bad but I kept scrolling.

 
Next was this mystery quilt.  OK, not a quick project but I want to make an Irish Chain quilt one of these days so it caught my eye and I opened the recipe. 


Well, one thing lead to another - as it always does on the Internet - and I found myself here at Sew We Quilt.  Its a site where you can sign up to do a project, post your finished work, and then "blog hop" around to see what other people have done with the same pattern.  Kind of a combination of a challenge, a show and tell, and a driver to get people to your site.  (Inspiring if you need motivation to stay on task to finish a project.)  Tons of fun stuff here!

Anyway, that site lead me to Jillily Studio and this fun "Holiday Lane Pillow".


I printed out the pillow and these "Very Merry" place mats.


She has other free patterns that look like fun as well.  Isn't the Internet a fascinating place?  Some days I can't find anything of value and then there are days like these where I could have just kept going and going.  You never know what you'll find. 

I don't know about you but I love getting inspired so early in the morning! 

Now - housework or sewing?  Hmmmm . . .  what will you be doing this weekend?

No comments: